Job Title: Finance Strategist
The Finance Strategist reports to the CEO and provides independent and objective financial reviews of actual results, budgets, forecasts and long-term financial plans for development of a multi-year business growth strategy, investor positioning models and along-term business transition plan. Delivers essential insights and strategic recommendations to the CEO on credit risk management, contract management, business growth, profitability improvement, cashflow enhancement and corporate governance control. Works closely to assist the CFO with reporting, analysis, controlling and auditing of the monthly financial results. Duties:
- Strategy, Planning and Management: Assess and evaluate financial performance with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts. Develop a multi-year business growth strategy, investor positioning models and long-term business transition plan. Provide insights, simulations and strategic financial recommendations to the CEO. Conduct analysis of actual and planned financial performance to proactively identify opportunities, risks and underlying business issues. Develop and utilize management information and key performance indicators. Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by the CFO/CEO.
- Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting: Prepare monthly income statement and balance sheet for delivery to CEO. Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations. Lead business growth, profitability improvement, cash flow enhancement and corporate governance control. Risk management.
- Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations: Provide controllership ensuring validity and accuracy of financial reporting. Provide timely identification and resolution of issues. Prepare detailed reports on audit findings. Prepare company data for timely filing of state and federal tax returns. Assist in the implementation of changes in generally accepted accounting principles.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or foreign-equivalent degree; and 2 years of experience as a financial manager, finance strategist ora related financial management occupation. That experience must include the following knowledge and skills, which may have been gained concurrently:
- Comprehensive risk management for evaluating, identifying, and reducing risks and for optimizing revenue potential of customer accounts/portfolio.
- Contract management to maximize an organization’s financial performance by streamlining and enhancing the contract negotiation processes with vendors and other businesses.
- Corporate governance to comply with and improve financial and control oversights and to ensure production of proper financial documents.
Job Details: Full-time position at Background Investigations, Inc. located at 7668 SW Mohawk Street, Tualatin, Oregon 97062.
Send resume to: David Halseth, President/CEO, Background Investigations, Inc., 7668 SW Mohawk Street,Tualatin, 97062.